Stockton City Employees’ Association
PO Box 77730
Stockton, CA 95237
Contact: Tara Gallegos
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MEDIA ALERT
STOCKTON CITY EMPLOYEES’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS MEASURES A AND B
The Stockton City Employees’ Association (SCEA) supports tax measures A and B.
We support Measures A and B because:
· Stockton must become a safer community. A and B will help implement the Marshall Plan and the City’s efforts to reduce crime. A and B will give Stockton 120 more police officers.
· Additional cuts to city services are dangerous and unacceptable. The failure of Measure A and B will need to be mitigated by cutting services needed in order for the City of Stockton to function.
· Stockton needs libraries and recreational activities. These programs provide a return on investment that we cannot afford to lose. Failure of Measure A and B will shut down these important programs.
· It is time to exit bankruptcy and restore city services.
· It is time to move our city forward.
SCEA is the largest employee union in the City of Stockton. SCEA represents miscellaneous employees, including librarians, recreation employees, dispatchers, administrative and IT staff, code enforcement officers, community service officers and other public service staff. We are the people who help you at the library, facilitate your community centers, process your bills, take your emergency calls and assist you when you are in need. SCEA members provide essential services to City of Stockton residents.
Due to the extreme fiscal challenges faced by Stockton, SCEA has witnessed and felt the effects of service cuts throughout our workplaces. Since 2008, we have seen libraries and recreation centers closed, services reduced, departments cut, and employees laid off. SCEA members are committed to providing the quality service that City of Stockton residents deserve. With limited resources, we continue to work hard for the City of Stockton and its residents. However, SCEA understands that additional cuts will be detrimental to the well being of City of Stockton residents. We know there is nothing left to cut.
SCEA urges voters to stand up for Stockton. Vote yes on Measures A and B.